Sunday, September 8, 2013

Baby This Week | 34 Weeks

http://scmedia.theknot.com/~/media/317DB2BACE304C8F81D8BBEB1E6291E8.ashx
Let’s hope my child doesn’t actually look like this, lol!
The Facts – Baby is taking deep breaths this week. The eyes can blink and are open when it’s awake and closed when asleep, and the pupils dilate and constrict in reaction to light. Baby is about 18 inches and weighs about 5 pounds.

Baby's brain is forming trillions of connections, making it possible for him or her to learn in the womb. All of this brain development is most likely the reason that baby sleeps so much at this stage. Baby may even be dreaming—his or her eyes dart around rapidly just as an adult's might in REM sleep. Fun fact: In the first year after birth, a baby's brain triples in size and becomes three-quarters of its adult size.
Baby’s fat layers — which will help to regulate body temperature once baby’s born — are filling out, making him or her rounder. Baby’s skin is also smoother than ever. Little one’s central nervous system is maturing and the lungs are continuing to mature as well.
From this week, until two weeks before birth, baby will continue to gain about a half-pound of weight each week. Unlike the first trimester, the weight between all babies in the third trimester is much more variable. Some babies weigh more and are taller; other babies weigh less and are shorter.

Baby - I can feel even the slightest movement, since baby is right up against the wall of my uterus.  This kid is strong, active and taking up space wherever it can!  Baby appears to sleep when I sleep which is nice.  Leaves me wondering if it will actually be that way when baby is actually here.  I’m feeling the baby everywhere, but the big movements up top.  I see little sharp, pointy body parts sticking out of my belly all the time.  Baby is also fast, some of these movements take me by storm, I tell you!  My whole belly shakes sometimes as well and baby is still getting hiccups several times a day.  I’m most certain baby is head down from where I feel all these movements, but of course we have a little while before we actually find out.  All in all, this kid is getting ready to come its just a matter of time!
Pregnancy Week 34
Me – Fun fact: The volume of my uterus is five hundred to one thousand times larger than before I was pregnant, feeling pretty large!  My belly has gotten huge over the past week.  Sometimes I find it hard to breathe if I’m not sitting up completely straight. – Not that I should be slouching anyways! However, it does appear that baby has dropped a little bit, even though my belly looks like a huge oval.  I’m up about an lb to an lb and a half this week, putting me around 142-143lbs. 
The belly is measuring 36 1/2” around, which is a about an inch jump from the previous weeks.  Belly has still be itching, due to the skin stretching and I’m using my Palmer’s and coconut to aid with this.  I’m feeling it for sure this week, and all over.  I feel heavier, more tired, less energy, and to make things worst the pregnancy insomnia is starting the set in.  Braxton Hicks contractions are more frequent, intense and are lasting a little longer this week as well.  I’ve also recently starting feeling more pressure in my pelvis and pains in my hips.  I know its all a part of my body preparing for birth, so its no cause for concern to me.  No other signs of pre-term labor to report, thank goodness! Additionally, still no swelling, stretch marks, heartburn or anything like that.  I have had a little bit of acid reflux, but nothing too crazy.

Hubs -  He’s been on the move, having to travel down South earlier in the week.  Baby and him are still interacting quite well, lol!  Baby is no longer kicking and jabbing him, but showing off those acrobatic skills for Daddy.  Hubs (& I) are beyond eager to meet little one, so with every passing week, we get more and more anxious.  He has some things in the works that I can’t quite talk about yet, but keep us in your thoughts and pray that everything goes well and we hear good news.  Big changes are coming!  :-)
We are on to week 35, how exciting!  That means two weeks to full term and 5 weeks until baby reaches its due date.  If anything goes down between now and then I’ll be updating on Twitter and Facebook, so check there for all baby related updates.
Until next time folks!

Happy bumping!

xxoo,
Tenns Sig

3 comments :

  1. Oh congrats in advance! I am so thrilled to read this post! Rest as much as you can now (even though I know that is difficult with being uncomfortable and probably having to pee every 5 minutes) I had my 1st son at 36 weeks and 2nd at 34 weeks- I know baby needs to spend more time growing- but I cannot imagine being MORE pregnant than I was! Many blessings!
    Jodi @http://thenoiseofboys.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that you are getting to that uncomfortable stage of pregnancy but as a mom my advice is to try to enjoy it the best you can. No matter how uncomfy you are you will miss it once it is over. I know that I do. I hope that everything goes smoothly and I am now following you on twitter (@upliftingfam).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! Wow, I'll be 36 weeks next week and I'm definitely not quite ready for baby yet. I'm anxious, but could definitely use a few more weeks!

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to respond to all comments. However, if you are a no-reply commenter you will not receive a reply. Please check your settings, change them so that you are able to be replied to, or contact via another means. I can be reached via email and social media. You can utilize the icons at the top of my blog.

xxoo,

Tenns

 photo AboutMeSection.png
My Photo
Full-time Marine, wife, jewelry designer, and blogger. Creating is what I love and its what I do.